Welcome to the website of Sri Lanka’s premier annual cyber security awareness initiative – Cyber Security Summit.
As we celebrate our fifth year, the 2017 edition will highlight two founder members of world’s toughest hacking groups – LulzSec and Anonymous, namely Darren Martyn and Jake Davis. They had been convicted and are now hired by top corporates to engage in ethical hacking. This year’s Summit will be held on 27th and 28th September 2017 at Cinnamon Grand.
The Cyber Security Summit consists of four key annual events:
– Cyber Security Day Conference – (Premier event open for public*) on September 27 from 9.00 am to 5.00pm
– Hangout with Hackers (Night Hack) – evening edutainment meetup – (Premier event open for public*) on September 27 from 6.30pm onwards
– CEO Forum on Cyber Security – an exclusive invitation only event on September 28.
– National Youth Summit on Cyber Security (Youth Summit) – an invitation only day conference. The 2017 edition was held on June 28 with the participation of nearly 300 students and teachers.
Main objective of the summit is to create awareness on the importance of Cyber Security among top officers in the top corporate management and IT professionals. It also infuses them with the best practices in acquiring, implementing, managing and measuring information security postures of their organizations and countermeasures
The summit will also expose latest flaws in information security that affects the global community including the corporations and the governments. Discussions and presentations will revolve around some of the most malicious attacks and potential threats surrounding the security field.
The summit is co-organised by CICRA – Sri Lanka’s pioneering cyber security training and consultancy organization – and Daily FT, country’s only business and finance newspaper.
* Prior registration and purchase of entrance ticket for training are required